Date listed: November 6, 2018
CTC partners with local community organisations, industry and Government groups to shape futures, build networks, create employment opportunities and build vocational pathways. We provide effective and responsive employment solutions to employers and jobseekers in Central QLD
The Homelessness National Partnership Agreement is an agreement between the Commonwealth Government and Australian State and Territory Governments to deliver a range of initiatives to address homelessness. The Youth Housing and Reintegration Service including After Care Service (YHARS) is one of these initiatives. It provides a coordinated and integrated response to the complex needs of young people who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness and assists them to transition to greater stability and independence..
We are seeking an experienced Youth Mentor to join our supportive YHARS team on a 12 month fixed term basis with the view for extension.
The successful applicant will need the following skills and attributes to be considered for the role –
* Must have previous experience in support, youth or community services
* Prior experience in housing is highly advantageous
* A proven ability to engage young people aged between 12 – 21yrs
* Qualification in community services or equivalent is highly desirable
* Current Police Check and Working with Children Blue Card is essential
* Must be available for afterhours on call work
* Good time management and organisational skills
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Ability to obtain and maintain good working relationships with key external stakeholders
* Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office including word, excel and outlook
* Experience with SRS and QHIP is highly advantageous
* Knowledge of current community services available in the Central Qld region
* Ability to work to KPI’s
* Have good record keeping and budgeting skills
* Have a strong yet compassionate nature
* Must have a current drivers licence
To be considered for these upcoming positions you will need to complete an application/registration form online. You will need to attach an up to date resume and include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience applicable to the role.
Please visit our CTC website www.ctcqld.com.au and select jobs, Youth Mentor and apply now. Applications not completed through the CTC website will not be treated as a priority.
Job Reference: 200011873
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP