Fitter & Turner
Date listed: May 4, 2018
We are currently seeking a qualified Fitter and Turner for one of our locally owned and operated clients in Rockhampton. This is a casual ongoing position with the possibility of leading to a permanent position for the right candidate.
This is a great opportunity to operate in a clean and highly equipped engineering workshop, as well as enjoying the lifestyle of the Capricorn Coastal Region.
An ideal opportunity for an experienced Fitter & Turner, who would like to work with ‘experts of the trade’ to help take their skills to the next level.
* Precision machining using conventional latches and milling machines.
* Precision cylindrical and surface grinding.
* Metal spraying using hot and cold processes with all material types.
* Specialised welding of aluminium and stainless steel if required.
* Fitting of engineering components and assemblies.
* Design, modelling and engineering of new components, products and systems.
Applicants will need the following skills and attributes to be considered for the role –
* Must have a Fitter and Turner trade certificate and post mechanical trade experience
* Experience with engine reconditioning is an advantage
* Demonstrated experience with metal spraying and cold welding
* Must be available for an immediate start
* Ability to work in a team environment and independently
* A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to communicate at all levels with a can do attitude
* Must be able to work away from home if required
* A strong commitment to work place health and safety
* Willing to undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
To be considered for these upcoming positions you will need to complete an application/registration form online.
Please visit our CTC website www.ctcqld.com.au and select jobs, Fitter and Turner Position and apply now. Applications not completed through the CTC website will not be treated as a priority.
For any queries or further information regarding this position, please contact CTC Employment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: 200009014
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: